Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Three day juice fast


So I went on a three day juice fast with the hubby.  This was not my first go around with juicing.  This past summer, I went on a five-day juice fast after watching Fat Sick and Nearly Dead.  That documentary jump started my hidden fitness lioness and I was ready.  I will talk about that five-day period later in another post. 


Anywho, we successfully made it through the three days.  My hubby was kind of resistant at first but he pushed through.  I also had my moments of imagining my postman was a cheeseburger or taco…and the post man thought he should just be afraid of dog bites.  :S

Although this was not my first juice fast, this one was different.  My husband was watching the infamous Dr. OZ and heard him talking about the benefits of a detox by juicing or blending.   However,  I was in a bit of a tizzy because I have told him this PLENTY of times before, but at least Dr. Oz was able to reach him.  So I decided to be supportive and follow this three day fast that Dr. Oz recommended.  You guys can check it out here if you would like.  http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-3-day-detox-cleanse-one-sheet

 Needless to say, the ingredients were different than what I had used before in my previous juice fast.  Normally I only used green vegetable and some fruits.  In this new regimen, you may have things like almond butter, green tea, coconut oil, and almond milk.  This method is great for people like hubs who are just starting out.  The morning smoothie with the almond butter tasted like a peanut butter smoothie, although I am not a huge peanut butter fan, it was delicious. 

The green tea I purchased, was not bad at all.
This diet also recommends drinking green tea every morning before you drink anything else.  I despise green tea, but the one I purchased with addition to the lemon, it was tolerable.  Doing this juice fast helped me spice things up and added new things to my otherwise boring juice. 

So in the three day, I lost 6 pounds and hubby lost around the same amount.  All in all I would do this again but hubs, although excited he lost weight, is not down with the juice and wants to do it “his way” which is fine.  I will also be tracking his weight loss here as well. 
Peace and happy holidays!!

2 comments:

  1. It is great to know that you are doing juice cleanses detox after regular interval. I have also completed my first juice cleanse detox program this summer. In this upcoming new year I am planing 10 day juice cleanse diet program. Juice cleanse have so many benefits. From many years I am suffering from heavy weight and for weight loss I think this is the best approach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I am really trying to make a lifestyle change. However this is proving to more difficult than I thought. I am going to do another juice fast in a few days. Twenty four days to be exact. My birthday is Feb 24th so I have decided to juice until my birthday. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete